Monday, January 5, 2009

WHOA

Well...I've missed out on the blogger world for about 2 weeks. First Christmas pretty much took over, and then I took a little trip to see 2 of my best friends who live in Baton Rouge - and that ended up being a week long trip. I also got to see my wonderful friend, Jaimee, and her family - they live in Florida, but they were visiting family in New Orleans for Christmas. I got to spend 2 days with them. It was so great!

Much has happened in the last few weeks - My sister got engaged! So my house is filled with wedding talk. and a whole lot of it. She's doing a beach wedding so it'll be REALLY fun! We're all super excited. BUT...this puts a tiny bit of a damper on my semester off because I now have NOOOO idea what the heck I'm going to do. The wedding is in June and I'm the maid of honor. Plus, I really really really don't want to miss out on all the planning and stuff because there is a lot that needs to be done and just a lot I want to be here for. I mean, my sister only gets married once (well...she better! haha) So, Bolivia is kind of out I've decided. Which sucks. But after a lot of thought, that just isn't an option for THIS semester. God and I have had lots of talks about it, and I feel like that maybe that just means that He's got a better plan for me. And maybe I have more to learn before I can take that big step and go out of the country to a completely new enviroment for 6 months. Who knows - MAYBE He wants me to have a different experience there than I would have had this time. Either way, I've come to terms with the fact that Bolivia is not His plan for me for this semester.

However, this leaves me in a predicament considering I want this break from school. I've considered starting at Tech in March when they start their spring quarter. I had already pretty much decided I wasn't going back to ULM....so I may as well make the transfer now. But if another opportunity comes up - I'd love to not go ahead and start in March. I don't know that just January and February are enough of a break for me! haha! I don't know...what I'd really love to do is go somewhere that is not here and work or maybe even just do some type of mission work here. I don't know. My eyes and ears are open for opportunities!

Much more has happened and I have a lot of other things I want to blog about, but this is the main focus right now - finding an opportunity for this semester!

2 comments:

  1. KatieHen! Thanks for commenting on my blog. That comment made me laugh really really hard. Thank you for that. I look forward to reading more of your blog as well. And I do not even want to know what "sesties" are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i'm sure you could come up with a good meaning. i will choose not to define it. i trust your creative abilities.

    ReplyDelete